Harvested and produced using traditional granite millstones in Italy, this all natural basil "agrumato" extra virgin olive oil is produced by crushing the olives and basil simultaneously in the same press without the use of any added essences. This process allows for the essential oils from the basil to harmonize with the oil from Coratina olives. The producer hand harvests olives from Andria, near the Adriatic coast.
The aroma of this olive oil is true-to-herb; freshly picked basil is heavily prominent. This oil is best showcased as a finishing touch on one of your signature dishes.
- Sicilian Lemon
- 12 Yr Old White
- Leafy Greens
- Marinades for Beef, Poultry, & Seafood
- Summer Squash
- Artichokes and Vegetables
- Soft Cheeses
- Thai-inspired dishes
Ideas for Use
- Brush on Italian bread, especially focaccia or ciabatta then grill.
- Drizzle over chopped fresh tomatoes for bruschetta and finish with Traditional 18 Year dark balsamic.
- Combine with any of our suggested vinegar pairings for the most delectable vinaigrette or marinade.
- Spread whipped ricotta cheese over a slice of grainy bread and drizzle with Basil olive oil.
- Toss with whole wheat pasta, peas, and roasted asparagus.
- Drizzle over pizza.
- Use to make basil aioli and use as a condiment with seafood or vegetables, especially artichokes, asparagus, and haricot verts.